Thursday, June 19, 2008

From Small Town to J-Town

My pre-departure post... I could use it as a sort of checklist, listing all that I hope to learn while in Jerusalem, all the sights I hope to see, all of the dead sea mud I want to roll in, etc. Or, I could ramble on about my pre-departure emotions in what would be too many sentences (and already is!), when my sentiments can really be boiled down to pure excitement/simple anxiety. But this intro is just turning me into a hypocrite of sorts, as whilst typing, I've decided to use the post to write a few goals regarding my 6 week experience in Jerusalem. Yes, a list. One: not to waste a moment--to spend as little time in my dorm room as possible. Two (which perhaps should be one, as fulfilling this goal may necessitate a cessation in pursuing goal #1): to at the very least keep all of my limbs and phalanges in place. Three (I think three goals is as much as I can handle at one time): to balance my time effectively between studying and touring (with friends I hope to make as soon as possible!). Alright, my bags are begging to be packed, tugging at my left ear (closest to them) with invisible strings, and I really must not ignore their pleas any longer. I leave in the morning! Next post, from Warsaw (perhaps, I have a long layover there) or J-town itself!

No comments: