Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oodles of Sites


The Garden Tomb

Part of the Via Delarosa

Part of Jerusalem's Corridor, a market street in the Roman period

Me with Mormon Frenz at the Western Wall
So this weekend involved loads of touring... and not enough studying I am afraid! I have my first vocab quiz this morning and am feeling a touch less prepared than I would like to be, but oh well! On Friday I visited the old city with a group from the International School and then went to dinner at the Moriah Hotel (amaaaaazing). Then on Shabbat, I went to church at the BYU Jerusalem Center, where the BYU Summer term students arrived sometime last week, and which may be one of the most beautiful buildings built this century. I loved it. Afterwards, some friends and I met up with a woman named Teresa who will be studying at Hebrew U for 2 weeks for a course about Responses to Trauma in Terrorist Attacks (sounds immensely interesting, no?) and she happened to have a rental car and free time, so she drove us all around Jerusalem! It was so RAD. So anyway, here are some photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to read your blog! I didn't have to call the J-Police! I am so jealous of all the sites you are seeing!!! But I am happy for you. We are doing well. We will pick up Carly this coming Saturday. Now that you have seen all the sites, you can start studying! (just kidding!) But it appears you have seen quite a few. Love and Hugs, Mom

Sara said...

oh man... JEALOUS!! and in that pic with the guys.. the one on the far right is way cute. in case you didnt notice ;) I hope you are having an amazing time, which it certainly looks like you are! Take care!